August 7, 2013
Saving energy is good for your pocketbook and for the environment”and it’s easier than you’d think. Try some of these easy, quick energy-saving solutions:
1. Unplug cellphone chargers and small appliances when you’re not using them. They continue to draw power even when you’re getting no use from them!
2. Turn down your AC when you’re at work. You can install a programmable thermostat to regulate temperature according to the time of day.
3. Keep windows closed when running the AC. Make sure that all that cool Read the rest of this entry »
June 2, 2013
Solar panels offer a refreshing new way to heat and cool your home without using your local energy provider’s services. You can hire a contractor to install everything you need to go off the grid. Solar panels will generate enough electricity to power everything in your home. Choose a contractor that is experienced and has a good reputation for doing quality work. Ask about the ability for you to generate extra electricity to sell to your local energy provider. This will allow you to pay for Read the rest of this entry »
March 30, 2013
People are looking to save energy for a couple of different reasons. One of the reasons is a greater focus toward environmental-friendliness, and the other is because individuals are looking for any ways they can to save some money. What are the technologies that can help you out in these endeavors?
You can absolutely look into energy-efficient windows. By doing so, you will be harnessing the power of the sun and the natural world to both heat and cool your house. As a result, you won’t have to keep the heat on as high of temperatures during the Read the rest of this entry »
November 30, 2012
Saving on energy and saving on money go hand in hand – especially when the rates you pay seem to keep climbing each month. There are lots and lots of ways you can save on both and it’s really not that difficult.
Below are just a few suggestions to help you save some energy and save some green:
1. Look at an alternative energy provider. Sites like www.ShopElectricityRatesTexas.com can help you get started on that and, even if you can’t find what you’re looking for there, you’ll find plenty of energy saving tips. Who knows? Switching to an alternative energy provider could help you save some money, too.
2. Give the energy hogs a rest. Computer and gaming consoles, especially. If you aren’t using them then turn them off and pull the plug. Gaming consoles use an exorbitant amount of power while they are in use, but they can also draw power while in the OFF position.
3. Keep the lights off in empty rooms. If you aren’t occupying a room, make sure you turn off the lights. This can be hard to get across with children and if they just won’t listen, there are tools and devices you can get – timers, motion sensors, etc. – that can help.
August 3, 2012
Energy costs are rising and so are ecological concerns. Taking small steps in energy conservation brings great benefits to most consumer pocketbooks and is mostly common sense. Because lighting is responsible for approximately 10 percent of a home’s energy usage, just turning off lights and switching to compact fluorescent bulbs saves on energy costs. Moreover, motion sensors save on outside lighting by providing lights only when necessary. Unplugging devices that are not in use help prevent the leaking of “stand-by” power. Many electronic devices are always ready to be instantly on or provide remotes or digital clocks. Laptops use Read the rest of this entry »
August 2, 2012
Go ahead and update your appliances. This is the only way that you can really save energy. There are budget billing plans, but people aren’t really saving energy with this. They may be condensing their bills, but the real energy is saved with buying the right technology.
Anyone that is looking for new applications or electronics has probably seen the Energy Star savings sign. This is what many new appliances have. This denotes some energy savings associated with the product. Read the rest of this entry »
July 31, 2012
Energy is a very valuable resource, but it often gets misused or overused to the point where it makes our energy more finite.
One way to aid in saving energy is by using wireless sources. Whether it’s a smartphone, a wireless radio, an MP3 player with a wireless feature, this definitely helps to save your house’s electricity. These devices usually are faster and easier to use. There is no need for cords to tangible and work wonders for the environment of your home. Read the rest of this entry »
July 28, 2012
While the world is using more and more energy every day, there is an increasing amount of pressure for the individual to save as much power as they can. While certain tasks may take a little bit more time to do the energy efficient way, the help to the environment is one that is irreplaceable. Everyone doing just one small extra thing to save energy can really add up over time.
One of the best ways to save large amounts of energy in the home is to install solar panels Read the rest of this entry »
July 24, 2012
Saving energy doesn’t have to be a hassle. From installing a programmable thermostat in your home to using compact fluorescent light bulbs, there are many ways you can save energy. Here are the best ways.
Have a programmable thermostat installed in your home. It’s no secret that heating and cooling a home takes a lot of energy. Programmable thermostats work to regulate your home’s temperature and keep your energy bills low.
Keep your lights off while they’re not in use. Unbeknownst to many people, lights require a good amount of energy to work properly.
Use compact fluorescent light bulbs.I Read the rest of this entry »